This is homemade version of the cookie and my mind somehow shifted into brownie mode instead, my stomach was quick to egg on the idea. A little experimentation (along with two pans of brownies going to school with my son) and here we are, Brownie Samoa Heaven!
- 1 package brownie mix of your choice (the size for a 9×13 pan), with ingredients called for on box
- 2 cups sweet or unsweet flaked coconut
- 12 ounce can Dulce De Leche*
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
Topping: 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Prepare brownies in a 9×13 pan according to package directions. Let cool.
- On large, rimmed baking sheet, spread out coconut and place in a 350 degree oven until toasted lightly golden, stirring often, about ten minutes.**
- While coconut is toasting, place caramel and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl or small sauce pot (if melting on stovetop). Heat at 45 second intervals, stirring after each, until just soft enough to blend well.
- Get full recipe==>>southernplate.com