Sausage Queso Dip Recipe (with Real Cheese!)
This cheesy sausage queso dip is creamy with sweet bites of corn and fresh tomatoes. This queso dip is loaded with REAL shredded cheddar and Rotel diced tomatoes. It also reheats perfectly!
Ingredients for Sausage Queso:
- 1 lb ground pork sausage make sure it says “sausage”
- 8 oz cream cheese (no need to soften)
- 20 oz Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (two 10oz cans)
- 15 oz can of corn drained
- 8 oz medium cheddar cheese shredded
Garnish for Queso Dip:
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1 Tbsp chives or green onion finely chopped
In a large dry pot or deep skillet over med/high heat, brown sausage (10-12 min), breaking it apart with your spatula (the sausage releases enough oil to grease the pan). When browned, remove excess grease by pushing a paper towel around the pan with a spatula until fully saturated then discard.
- Cut cream cheese into pieces and stir it into browned pork until melted and incorporated.
Add 2 cans un-drained Rotel tomatoes, 15 oz can drained corn, and 8 oz shredded cheddar (reserve some cheddar to garnish the top if desired). Cook over med heat, stirring occasionally just until bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh tomatoes, reserved cheddar, and chopped chives. Serve with tortilla chips.