Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Impress your guests with this homemade Shrimp Cocktail Recipe. Learn how to make the best oven-baked shrimp and zesty cocktail sauce in just 15 minutes. This is so much better than a store-bought shrimp ring.
Baked Shrimp Ingredients:
- 2 lbs raw shrimp 16-20 ct, peeled and deveined with tail-on
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges to serve (optional)
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mild chili sauce we like Heinz
- 3-4 Tbsp prepared horseradish or add to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed, or to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce such as Tabasco, or to taste
Thaw shrimp according to package instructions, then rinse under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp on a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle on 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir to combine then arrange shrimp in a single layer.
Bake at 450˚F for 8-10 min or until shrimp turn pink and are just cooked through.* As soon as they come out of the oven, test a shrimp for doneness then transfer all shrimp to a serving platter. If they stay on the hot baking sheet, they can get overcooked.
Combine all of the Cocktail Sauce ingredients, adding horseradish and hot sauce to taste (Add more if you love cocktail sauce with a spicy kick and less if you prefer a mild sauce). Cover and refrigerate sauce and shrimp for at least an hour or overnight. Serve chilled.
*If using smaller 18-25 count shrimp, roast 6–7 min