S’mores Skillet Brownie consists of a rich and fudgy brownie studded with graham cracker pieces and chopped Hershey Bars. The brownie is topped with a layer of gooey toasted marshmallows and more Hershey bar pieces. All the flavor of s’mores but no campfire needed!
- 1 (4-ounce) bar unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3.6-oz) mini Hershey bars (8 bars per package), roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped graham crackers
- 10 jumbo marshmallows. cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 inch cast iron pan with cooking spray.
- Chop unsweetened chocolate into pieces. Cut butter into pieces.
- Combine chopped chocolate and butter in a double boiler or a heavy-bottomed pot. Heat over low heat, stirring until melted.
- Transfer chocolate/butter mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar and then eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 of chopped Hershey bars and all of the graham cracker pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until center is set, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and arrange marshmallows on top along with remaining chocolate. Add a few extra graham cracker pieces if desired.
- Place BRIEFLY under broiler to brown marshmallows. Note: They will brown very quickly so do not take your eye off them.