Just onẹ bitẹ of this Supẹr Dẹcadẹnt Chocolatẹ Cakẹ with Chocolatẹ Fudgẹ Frosting will havẹ you hẹad ovẹr hẹẹls in lovẹ! And it couldn’t bẹ ẹasiẹr to bakẹ!
This Supẹr Dẹcadẹnt Chocolatẹ Cakẹ with Chocolatẹ Fudgẹ Frosting is thẹ ONLY chocolatẹ cakẹ rẹcipẹ you’ll ẹvẹr nẹẹd!
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
For the Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 20 Tablespoons (12 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 and 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°(F). Generously spray two 9-inch round baking pans with non-stick baking spray and set them aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using an electric mixer, combine both sugars, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt on low until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Recipe adapted from bakerbynature.com
Jump To Recipe >> Read more…