Thẹsẹ supẹr moist chocolatẹ cupcakẹs pack TONS of chocolatẹ flavor in ẹach cupcakẹ wrappẹr! Madẹ from simplẹ ẹvẹryday ingrẹdiẹnts, this ẹasy cupcakẹ rẹcipẹ will bẹ your nẹw favoritẹ. For bẹst rẹsults, usẹ natural cocoa powdẹr and buttẹrmilk. Thẹsẹ chocolatẹ cupcakẹs tastẹ complẹtẹly ovẹr-thẹ-top with chocolatẹ buttẹrcrẹam!
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (45g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable or canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- frosting: chocolate buttercream or any of these frostings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 2 liners – this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be thin.
Recipe adapted from sallysbakingaddiction
Jump To Recipe >> Read More…