Sweet Potato Cream Cheese Bars are perfectly flavored for fall. The flavor of sweet potatoes, pecans, and fall spices really shine through in these creamy, rich and buttery bars.
- 1 regular size box white cake mix
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes, about 3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix and pecans. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or your fingers. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Using an electric stand or hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, stir together sweet potatoes, remaining 2 eggs, remaining sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over pecan/cake mixture.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls over sweet potato mixture. Cut through the cream cheese with a knife to swirl the 2 layers together.
- Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting into squares and serving.