This Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken is perfect Friday night finger food. Covered in a perfect crust that is dip-able, you won’t be able to get enough of this crispy chicken recipe! Personally, when it comes to weekends, I am ready to take it easy on the cooking but I still want something delicious. That is where this Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken will be your partner.
This version is also so much easier and keeps the kitchen cleaner – whenever I try to deep or pan fry anything I end up cleaning little bits of oil off everything! Let the oven do the work for you.
I also love that this recipe is so budget friendly.
I usually have all these ingredients on hand in the pantry, so all I need to do is either buy or thaw chicken and dinner is basically done.
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up your parsley and garlic.
- Slice the chicken into “fingers” – cutting lengthwise and cutting thicker pieces in half again, for even thickness throughout.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- In a second dish, mix the butter, lemon juice and garlic together.
- Dip both sides of the chicken in the butter mixture, and then repeat with the crumb mixture until the chicken is fully breaded.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish or cookie sheet and repeat with all chicken fingers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted thermometer reads 165F.
- Chicken is amazingly easy to make!
- This is a twist on a classic chicken fingers but done in the oven instead.
- The Parmesan helps the flavor and seals in a moist chicken.
- Fried chicken is great, but you will not be disappointed with how your panko turns out