These are the best carrot cake cupcakes I’ve ever had! With a cream cheese frosting, of course. Perfect for dessert or brunch!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (heaping)
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
for the frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2+ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the grated carrots and the oil. Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until just mixed. Add the beaten eggs and stir a few times (like 15 or less around the bowl – the fewer the better)!
- Grease a muffin tin or use paper liners. Scoop the batter into a muffin tin, filling each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way up the side. Bake for 13 minutes, check how they’re doing, and add a few minutes if necessary. I find that the baking time varies greatly with oven, so just check for the right golden brown color and springy tops. Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- For the frosting, blend the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Transfer to a plastic bag or similar tool for piping the frosting evenly on the cupcakes.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
PIN it The Best Carrot Cake Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe adapted from pinchofyum