This brownie recipe makes 12 large servings or up to 24 regular servings. It takes around an hour to complete this recipe.
- 300g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces
- 5 large Free-Range Eggs
- 450g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven 180C. Line a baking tin (I sometimes a 12 x 8in traybake tin or a 10 inch square) greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate using bain-marie technique, or melt together in a non-metallic bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until mixture is thick.
- Pour the chocolate-butter mix into the egg and sugar mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate brownie mixture into the baking tin and place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the whole top has formed a light crust and cracked a little. It should not wobble but will be gooey on the inside.
- Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes, cut into portions.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from elizabethdhokia