These one pot red beans and rice are the best recipes I’ve ever had. So easy to make in your kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound cajun smoked sausage, andouille, or other smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans red beans (or red kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups instant rice
- creole seasoning
- Add the vegetable oil to a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the sliced sausage and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and celery. Cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the beans and rice.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add creole seasoning to taste.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.