IngredientsFor the crumb topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of ground nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter , diced into small chunks
For the Peach filling
- 3 1/2 pounds fresh peaches (about 6-8) peeled, cored and sliced about 3/4in thick
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- Add the sliced peaches to a medium size bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and toss to coat.
- Allow peaches to sit for about 20 minutes, to allow the sugar to pull some of the juice out of them.
- Meanwhile, make the crumb topping by combining all ingredients.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the peaches, reserving the peach juice, and placing the peaches in a large bowl.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the peach juice and add it to a small bowl (you can discard the rest, or drink it because it’s delicious!).
- Stir in the flour, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over peaches and toss to combine.
- Pour peaches into a 8×8” or similar size dish.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- You may also enjoy easy peach cobbler!
This article and recipe adapted from this site