- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to liking
- Optional garnish green onions, sesame seeds, additional red pepper flakes
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken and cornstarch. Toss until the chicken is completely coated in the cornstarch. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add oil and cook the chicken until the chicken is lightly brown but not cooked throughout. Put in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl [url:4]whisk[/url] together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red pepper. Pour on top of chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked throughout. *see note
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site