IngredientsGraham Cracker Crust
- 190 Grams (6 3/4oz) Graham Cracker Crumbs, about 11 full-size graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2oz ( 5 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
Brownies or use a Boxed Brownie Mix
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder (affiliate link)
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 4oz (1/2 heaping cup) Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- 3.5oz (½ Cup) Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- 5oz (1 Cup) Mini Marshmallows
InstructionsGraham Cracker Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9-inch square pan (affiliate link) with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large bowl whisk the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together. Pour in the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour the crust into the prepared pan and use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack the crust. Bake crust at 350F for 10 minutes. While crust is baking prepare brownies.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-27 minutes.
- When brownies are just baked sprinkle on chocolate pieces and cover the whole pan in mini marshmallows turn the broiler on low and place the brownies under the heat. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Take out and let cool completely. To achieve clean cuts you must run your knife under hot water and clean the knife after each slice.
This article and recipe adapted from this site