- 2 (15.25-oz.) pkg. white cake mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- Royal blue, teal, violet, and rose food coloring gels
- 1 cup bright white candy melts (about 6 oz.)
- Gold and silver food coloring sprays
- 3 (16-oz.) cans white frosting
- 30 ounces black fondant (from 2 boxes)
- White liquid icing color
- Edible silver star glitter
How to Make It
Step 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mixes according to package directions, using water, oil, and eggs. Divide batter evenly among 4 medium bowls. Add royal blue food coloring gel to 1 bowl, and add teal, violet, and rose gels to remaining 3 bowls until desired colors are reached.
Step 2Dollop spoonfuls of different colored batters into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 24 to 26 minutes.
Step 3Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Invert cakes from pans onto racks, and cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Step 4Microwave candy melts in a small microwavable bowl until melted, about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of a sheet printed with 1-inch zodiac signs; tape parchment to hold in place.
This article and recipe adapted from this site