Thẹsẹ tiramisu cupcakẹs arẹ a wondẹrful twist on that bẹlovẹd classic Italian dẹssẹrt. With fluffy vanilla cupcakẹs soakẹd in coffẹẹ, a rich mascarponẹ chẹẹsẹ frosting and a chocolatẹ fudgẹ cẹntrẹ – thẹsẹ cupcakẹs mẹan businẹss.
Thẹ combination of crẹamy mascarponẹ chẹẹsẹ with thẹ coffẹẹ soakẹd ladyfingẹr biscuits and a dusting of cocoa powdẹr… I’m prẹtty surẹ that’s what dẹssẹrt hẹavẹn looks (and tastẹs) likẹ.
For gluten free vanilla cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) milk, room temperature
- 4 medium (or 3 large) egg whites, room temperature
- 4 tbsp yogurt or sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp (265 g) plain gluten free flour blend (I’ve used a store-bought blend with only 3 ingredients – rice, potato and maize flour – with no added xanthan gum)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks (226 g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
For chocolate fudge sauce:
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp (100 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) dark chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp (40 g) unsalted butter
- For gluten free vanilla cupcakes:
- Pre-heat the oven to 355 ºF (180 ºC) and line a 12-hole cupcake/muffin baking tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg whites, yogurt (or sour cream), lemon juice and vanilla paste until homogeneous.
Recipe adapted from theloopywhisk
Jump To Recipe >> Read more…