Happy Fall! Well, almost:) I can admit that I’ve already pulled out our fall decor and have been busy planning new crafts and tablescapes for the season! Today I’m sharing how to make adorable Toilet Paper Pumpkins for your holiday decorating. They are SO SIMPLE to assemble that you’ll be giddy when you do them! What I love most is that they will last all the way through Thanksgiving. No gluing, no sewing, no hard crafting is involved with the making of my toilet paper pumpkins.
Toilet Paper Pumpkins
One quick trip to a craft store (or even Walmart) is all it takes to make cute and decorative pumpkins.
Pretty much any size toilet paper roll will work too. I know that they come in so many different sizes (as I joked about here on my Facebook page). For reference, I used a large “jumbo” size roll for this project.
If you have ever worked with fabric, then you know what “fat quarters” are. They are a standard size cut of fabric (18″ x 21″) that you can buy for SUPER inexpensive prices. Sometimes buying fabric can be pricey, but fat quarters are perfect for little projects like these:) I got these exact fat quarters in the fabric section at Walmart for $1.49.
How to Make Pumpkins out of Toilet Paper
Don’t they turn out so cute?! I made white and yellow ones today. I think it would be extremely cute to try different patterns too. The possibilities are endless…
Other DIY fall Decor Ideas and Crafts You Might Love:
You Will Need
- Rolls of toilet paper (any size)
- Fat Quarter cuts of fabric in colors of choice
- Cinnamon sticks or branches/twigs from outside
- Silk leaves. I like to pick them off of inexpensive bunches of flowers.
- Place the toilet paper roll in the middle of the fabric
- Wrap the edges of the fabric up and into the toilet paper roll (as seen in the video instructions above)
- Repeat until all of the fabric is tucked in. The fabric will hold itself in place!
- Add cinnamon sticks or twigs/branches
- Stick in a couple green leaves