Tomato Cracker Salad is a simple southern dish that is a must for summer. Ripe summer tomatoes are combined with mayonnaise and crushed saltine crackers. This is a recipe that’s been made throughout the south for many years.
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- pinch of garlic powder, optional
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed
- Place tomatoes and green onion in a medium bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and garlic powder and stir.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. I like to go heavy on the pepper.
- Gently stir in crushed Saltine crackers. Serve immediately.
You can also make this recipe with Club crackers instead of Saltine crackers.