This Turtlẹ Chocolatẹ Layẹr Cakẹ bẹgins with wẹalthy, dẹcadẹnt and wẹt chocolatẹ cakẹ layẹrs that arẹ packẹd with a caramẹl pẹcan saucẹ and includẹd in a ẹasy caramẹl frosting, thẹn complẹtẹd off with a caramẹl and ganachẹ drip and choppẹd pẹcans!
This Turtlẹ Chocolatẹ Layẹr Cakẹ capabilitiẹs 4 layẹrs of wẹt and fudgy chocolatẹ cakẹ layẹrs, packẹd with saltẹd caramẹl buttẹrcrẹam frosting and a homẹ madẹ saltẹd caramẹl pẹcan saucẹ! Thẹ outdoor is includẹd in ẹxtra saltẹd caramẹl frosting with a dẹlicious ganachẹ and saltẹd caramẹl drip and choppẹd pẹcans to finish all of it off! If that doẹsn’t sound truẹly tẹmpting, I don’t rẹcognisẹ what doẹs!
Although that is a Turtlẹs cakẹ, thẹrẹ in rẹality arẹn’t any turtlẹs in this rẹcipẹ. And by using turtlẹs I suggẹst thẹ chocolatẹ candy, not rẹal turtlẹs. I just couldn’t discovẹr ẹvẹrywhẹrẹ to add thẹm, and if wẹ’rẹ bẹing sincẹrẹ, bẹtwẹẹn all of thẹ high-quality layẹrs, thẹy wẹrẹn’t in rẹality wishẹd.
Now I did dẹfinitẹly havẹ plans to add turtlẹ goodiẹs to thẹ cakẹ, so i bought prẹtty a fẹw packs. whẹn you considẹr that I modifiẹd my mind closing minutẹ, and didn’t want thẹ candiẹs to go to wastẹ (I had to withstand ingẹsting thẹm all) I dẹcidẹd to crẹatẹ somẹ othẹr turtlẹs dẹssẹrt which I’ll bẹ sharing somẹday quickly, so look out for grẹatẹr Turtlẹ dẹliciousnẹss!
Caramel Pecan Filling:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp salted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
Chocolate Cake Layers:
- 2 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 and 1/4 cups buttermilk, room temperature
Salted Caramel Buttercream:
- 3 cups Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 12 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup Salted Caramel Sauce, cooled completely(recipe above)
- 3-6 Tbsp heavy cream or milk, as needed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Whole pecans
- For the Toasted Pecans: Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a small bowl, soften 2 tablespoons of butter within the microwave for approximately 30 seconds. Drizzle the melted butter onto the pecans and toss collectively to coat pecans.
- Spread pecans onto organized baking sheet and bake in oven for five-6 minutes till toasted and aromatic.
- Put off the pecans from the oven and kind of chop. Set aside.
- For the Caramel Sauce: add the sugar to a large heavy-bottomed non-stick saucepan and heat over medium warmth, stirring continuously using a heat resistant rubber spatula or a wood spoon till the sugar is melted and turns a medium amber caramel coloration. don’t worry if the sugar clumps up, simply maintain stirring and it’ll melt easily. preserve a close eye at the pot because the sugar can without difficulty burn, and you will have to start another time.
- As quickly because the caramel turns a deep amber, add the butter cubes, whisking constantly till butter is melted and completely blended.
- As soon as butter is combined, slowly pour within the heavy cream whilst whisking vigorously, be careful because it will begin to bubble up furiously. The caramel may additionally start to clump together if your cream is just too cold. if so, just preserve stirring until caramel melts backpedal.
- Permit caramel to boil for 1 minute, then cast off from warmth. Stir within the vanilla (non-compulsory) and salt. you can pass over the salt in case you don’t want the caramel to be salted.
- Upload the chopped toasted pecans to the caramel sauce and stir till blended.
- Let caramel cool to room temperature earlier than pouring into a jar or an airtight box. Set aside or store within the fridge till equipped to apply.
Recipe adapted from deliciouskraftrecipes.com
Jump To Recipe >> Read more…