The Veggie Loaded Rotisserie Chicken Casserole is exactly what your dinner menu rotation needs! Family friendly, low-carb, and seriously packed with vegetables. It’s super easy to modify and makes the best leftovers!
- 1 head of broccoli, stems removed, cut into bite-sized pieces or florets (see note)
- 1 head of cauliflower, stems removed, cut into bite-sized pieces or florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 heaping cups of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup greek yogurt, whole fat or 2%
- 1/4 cup milk, 2%
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and separated
- 3-4 cups rotisserie chicken (all the meat pulled from one chicken)
- 1 pinch of red chili pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup baked parmesan crisps, crushed (I like Whisps, or make your own – see notes)
- Begin by steaming your broccoli and cauliflower together in a deep pan (I used a Dutch Oven). Place all florets in about 1 inch of water and a pinch of salt. Cover and set to medium heat. Steam until all florets are just tender, which took 16-18 minutes for me. When the broccoli and cauliflower are nearly done, pre-heat the oven to 375. Remove broccoli and cauliflower from heat and strain to remove all liquid from the pan. Set the veggies aside to cool.
- Return the same pan to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and garlic. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until spinach is wilted and onions are beginning to turn translucent. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Get full recipe==>>projectmealplan.com