This Grilled Chicken Bacon Melt is the ultimate meal for a summer BBQ. Grilled chicken topped with bacon strips, jalapenos and creamy, melted Southwest cheese!
Summer is here and it’s time to get outside and have a cookout with friends and family. I have been wanting to share this easy grilled chicken bacon melt for a while now because it is one of our go-to grill-out meals. Great for a BBQ, or summer gathering, everyone always raves about the flavor combination of the chicken, bacon, jalapeno and the creamy melted cheese on top!
- 4 chicken breasts (I used chicken cutlets)
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked and halved
- 4 Sargento® Blends
4 Cheese Southwest Slices
- 1 jalapeno cut into thin slices optional
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt on top and bottom of chicken breasts. Drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Grill chicken breasts on each side for 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Turn off the heat and top each chicken with 1-2 pieces of bacon.
- Top with 2-3 slices of jalapeno.
- Cover the each piece of chicken with 1 slice of cheese. Cover the grill lid and let cheese melt for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.