Weeknight 20 Minute Spicy Udon Noodles! Extra saucy Asian inspired noodles with bell peppers, chicken, fresh basil, and an addicting sweet and spicy sauce. All made and ready for eating in just about twenty minutes. Doesn’t get better than these noodles on a busy night.
This NOODLES are Salty, sweet, spicy, and veggie filled noodles…And absolutely this is willbe my favorite dinner !
Enter these udon noodles. They taste like takeout, look like takeout, but are better, healthier, and quicker than takeout.
Promise it’s not too good to be true.
Weekend 20 Minute spicy Udon Noodles Recipe
Extra saucy Asian inspired noodles with bell peppers, ground chicken, fresh basil, and an addicting sweet and spicy sauce. All made and ready for eating in just about twenty minutes.
- 8 ounces dried udon noodles
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey (optional)
- 2 red or orange bell peppers, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 fresno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cook the udon noodles according to package directions.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sesame oil and the chicken. Season with black pepper and brown all over, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers, ginger, and fresno pepper, and cook another 2-3 minutes. Slowly pour in the soy sauce mixture and basil. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce coats the chicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and remove from the heat. Add the green onions and sesame seeds. Serve the noodles warm, topped with green onions. Enjoy!