Zucchini Bars with Pecans and Coconut are covered with a sweet cinnamon glaze. They make a great summer treat.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until mixed in.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in coconut, pecans, zucchini, and mini chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the middle. Let cool.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and pour over bars.
Squeeze the shredded zucchini gently between paper towels before adding it to the batter to remove excess moisture.